Acute injuries are common in everyday life, how should the device be used to treat these?
When sustaining a sudden injury, such as a sudden back pain caused by lifting a heavy item, the first thing to do is to apply ice to the area, and avoid movement.
This prevents further damage to the surrounding tissue. After 24 hours, you can use the device to quicken the healing process and relieve pain.
Is the device for everybody? Are people who have heart disease, high blood pressure or pregnant women able to use the TENS?
The use of this device is forbidden for patients with pacemakers. However, people who suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, or women who are pregnant are able to use this TENS massager as long as they take the following precautions:
• The device should not be applied anywhere near the heart. It can only be used on the area away from the heart, and the strength should be adjusted to medium.
• When using the device, always start with low strength level, then slowly push the strength level up, wait till you feel comfortable.
• When using the TENS massager, you always put the patches at the recommended acupuncture points as accurately as possible.
3. Are there restrictions to where the device can be applied on the body?
Do not place the device anywhere near the heart, then there are no restrictions to where the device can be used on the body.
4. What is the optimum strength level to use?
Strength levels vary with each individual , but keep this principle in mind:
During treatment, strength levels should be adjusted according to your tolerance. Ordinarily, the level of effectiveness is directly proportional to the strength level, but you should never feel uncomfortable when using the machine, that may reverse the effect.
5. When in use, why do I feel that one patch is stronger and the other is weaker?
This could be because the patches are in contact with different muscle areas which contract differently. Another reason has to do with the electrical resistance in the skin. The third reason is practical; it may just be that one of the patches is not adhered properly.
6. It feels as if the strength is lower after a certain period of use, why is that?
Strength decreases for several reasons:
- The impulse lowers a few minutes after starting - this is called accomodation. Just increase the strength slightly.
- It could be that the battery is running low, or that patches have been in use for too long, so they may lose their conductivity. It may also be that after a period of use, the body’s tolerance is increased.